Friday, December 21, 2012

Tears and the Reverberations of the Heart - grace and gratitude



35. Brightest Star
Even the brightest star must diminish
When the morning sun appears
As do all sad songs finish
When eyes run out of tears.
...................

I am prone to tears nowadays. I do not understand why. The tears can come from suddenly remembering a beloved soul who has departed this worldly existence. But most of my tears are not tears of sadness or separation. Often they well up from the simplest gesture of kindness from another human being, and from an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this life that I have been given, and the love and mercy of God that is offered unto me now and in the hereafter.

It is a reverberation in the heart like church bells ringing and it happens in the most unlikely of places and circumstances. Maybe that's why I like to wear sunglasses even when it's raining.

God bless you and have a wonderful Friday, sunshine. May you reverberate with gratitude. For it is the sound of happiness cloaked in tears...

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: