Friday, December 28, 2012

Speak Plainly, and Tell Me - The Prince Part 25


Where is the Prince?
Plainly, sir... for I am no wise seeker,
Tell me, is he alive and if so, where is he?
And if he has passed away, then tell me where is he?

Plainly, sir... for I am no learned teacher,
Tell me, has he taught you anything and if so, what did he teach you?

Plainly, sir... for I am no dervish,
Tell me, did he show you the path of love, and if so, 
Where did it lead you to?

Plainly, sir, and quickly too... for I am not young anymore,
Where is the Prince, the Sultan of Hearts?
For I am tired of the Kings and Queens,
The Aces, the Jacks and the Jokers,
Weary of the cards dealt
To misguide us sinners...

Give me the truth,
Let me share a little of the warmth
In the bonfire of love that I see
You stoke for the Prince
Within you...

Tell me about the Prince
and bring me to him,
and leave me not
to my ego's whim.
..................................

al-fatiha
If almarhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (Ku Ash) was still alive (as we understand life and death to be) today, his family, friends and groupies would be celebrating his 54th birthday. Alas, he has released his material body and what is left for us wandering beggars is his memories.

But the memories of kindly, excellent spirits as the one that is possessed by Shaykh Raja is not the sort of passive memories. I think it is very much alive. As alive as his mureeds (students) choose to make his exemplary conduct a way of their lives, and as alive as is affected by determinants other than the mere choices of mortals.

I am not plain speaking. So thank God (s.w.t.) and the Prophet (s.a.w.s) for the likes of Shaykh Raja Ashman Sultanul Qulub whose simplicity of life and love hides an unknown depth of knowledge and experiences. While remaining sincere, shy and humble.


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way


No comments: