Monday, December 17, 2012

The Magic in Words - of saints and wizards and Islam


The Magic in Words
There is enough magic for me
In a cup of tea, in a teaspoon of wild honey,
In a bunch of blueberries
Picked early this morning.

There is no need for miracles for me
When asleep my soul is taken from me
Only to be returned with the rise of the Sun
And the choir of birds singing in the trees.

My Lord's sustenance of me is already miraculous,
And His compassion more enchanting than 
All the spells of a witches' coven.

And if I look like a wizard,
Nay, I am not one, I am just me,
And my magic is only in my deeds
And in my words.
.............................

The true nature of a saint of the highest order is not magic tricks and divine sleights of hand. It is in his ministration to the human heart - through good deeds, and with cautionary and compassionate words for his students. And for himself, he asks not from God special dispensation from the ordinary human trials of poverty or sickness. For he has to face such things himself, and be an example of submission and surrender (Islam) to God for all humanity to observe and hopefully, to follow.


The weekend is over, and suddenly Monday morning is upon me. I am gathering my thoughts and my words for the work week ahead. No doubt you are also going to be doing the same. Have a lovely day, sunshine. May God bless you always.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: