Wednesday, December 26, 2012

IN THE PALM OF THE HAND THAT WIELDS THE PEN - God's own work-in-progress


My Lord Found Me
I found my Lord in Christian hymns
And songs emanating from the Hindu temples,
I found my Lord dancing in an English farm
And sense Him stalking me like a tiger in the jungle.

I found my Lord swimming in my cup of tea
And in the wine cellars of the king,
I found my Lord in the sky where the birds fly
And I found Him when I look within.

I found my Lord in my greatest despair,
I found my Lord in my wedding carriage,
I found my Lord waiting for me, following me
And preceding me, any time, any where.

I found my Lord in His greatest servants,
And in the footsteps of the enemy,
I found my Lord in my friends and family
And overhead, with the squirrels in the trees.

I found my Lord in the glaciers of the North
And in the sand dunes of the East,
I found my Lord among the Eskimos
And in the circle of the joyous Sufis.

I found my Lord in the deepest trenches
And in the ink well of my pen,
I found my Lord in the open spaces
And in the palm of my hand.

I found my Lord in my secret wishes
And in the honey of the bees,
But the greatest truth I have ever learned
Is that it was truly my Lord who found me!
..........................

It is already Wednesday, with only a few days of 2012 left. Almost everyday this year I have been writing and I have been hinting. Suggesting that I have found God. But the truth is much simpler. God has found me in the wilderness of my folly and sins, and helped me through it all.

Through the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.), the Companions and the Saints, we are what you would call God's own Work-in-Progress. When we find our own negligent, naughty and stubborn self a handful even for ourselves to manage with our meager store of wisdom and piety... we need only sigh, and rest our tired spirit and body in the palm of the Hand that wields the Pen.


I think that is a good idea. Don't you agree, sunshine?

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way 

No comments: