Saturday, December 24, 2011

20 Seconds with God - a life time and then some

Twenty Seconds with God
One - and I am undone,
Two - then I thought of You,
Three - I said that wanted to be free,
Four - so You showed me the door,
Five - I was born and I am alive,
Six - I was fooled by my ego's many tricks,
Seven - So I turn to You, yearning for heaven,
Eight - Wishing o' Lord that I was dead,
Nine - And You answered, "You will return to Me when it is time.."
Ten - To which I reply, "O' Lord... But when?"

One - "When the moth returns to the Sun."
Two - "When you cease to think only of you."
Three - "When you stop climbing the money tree."
Four - "When you come knocking on My door."
Five - "When you find the Prophet's honey in his bee hive."
Six - "When you can fast weeks upon weeks."
Seven - "When you look for Me and not My heaven."
Eight - "When you serve the living and honour the dead."
Nine - "When you learn to be kind..."
Ten - "...And remember Me in any circumstance."

God bless, may you have a restful holiday. A time to reflect on the year that has past, and the new year that looms ever nearer. And of course, you are right. It is not 20 seconds with God. It is a life time and then some. 

Don't forget me in your beautiful thoughts, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: