Sunday, December 4, 2011

Even if you do not see Me, you will find Me - Tenderness and Familiarity

Even if you cannot see Me,
Rest assured that you will find Me.
When you pause outside the door,
Trying to figure out how to tell your wife
That you have lost your job,
You will find Me there with you.

When you clutch in your trembling hands
The exam results to show your parents,
And their disappointed faces play again and again
In the closeness of your imagination,
You will find Me there with you.

When you sit in the closet
In the basement of your home,
Trying to block out the screams
Of your family feuding,
You will find Me there with you.

When life appear helplessly grey,
When today is possibly your worst day,
You shall find Me there with you.

When your lover breaks his oath
And utters the heartless words,
“I have fallen out of love with you.
I do not love you that way anymore…”
You shall find Me there with you.

When you lie in your bed,
And stream tears of sadness,
When worried voices at the door asks
“How are you? Are you alright?”
And you reply, “I am fine, I just need to be alone for awhile”
You shall find Me there with you.

If I could die
I would give My life for you.

But I am the Absolute and Eternal,

I am the Sanctuary of the weak,
I am the Monastery of the unloved,
I am the Refuge of the broken hearted,
I am the Promised Land for the wanderers,
I am the Shore of the endless journey,
The Homecoming of all travelers and strangers,

For not only am I God Most Tender
I am also God Most Familiar,
If you would only but for a moment
Close your eyes and ears
And trust your heart.

For of all places in all of Creation,
There is no other place I would rather be
Than with you.

How I wish you would
Choose Me too…

No commentary today, sunshine. I will leave this prose to find sweet repose in your heart, that perhaps, it may find a kinder, gentler and more accepting home. Have a perfectly beautiful Sunday. May God bless you and your family always.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: