Monday, December 5, 2011

Listen to your Heart - Conversations with a client

32. What can be written
I have already recorded
What can be written,
What I am unable
To write remains hidden,

I have already said
What can be spoken,
What I am unable
To say remains silent.

In my love’s smile,
And in her eyes,
Where music is played
But cannot be heard,
And a story is told,
Though not a
Word is uttered.

Do tell me, o love,
What my heart
Is saying to you.

For it refuses to
Reveal to me
The full extent of
Its plans.

THE CLIENT. "Listen and see with your heart.", my client earnestly tells me while gentling tapping my chest. I smiled and nodded. "I am advising you this because I treat you like my own son." He continued, then touching on my divorce and plans for the future. "Just because you have one misadventure, it doesn't mean that it is suppose to be for life... But before you proceed with any plan, I only ask you to do one thing. Please pray Istikharah! (Istikharah is a short, simple but important supererogatory prayers asking Divine guidance on specific issues - like changing jobs, moving house, choosing schools, migrating and of course, getting married) That way...," my client concluded, "God will give you guidance to make the right decision. Because you asked Him! He won't ignore you!"

THE HEART. Actually, I do try to listen to my heart. It is just that sometimes this life can be so darn noisy and distracting that I cannot hear my heart over the noise and static of this world. But once in a while, when everything FEELS just so, I do hear my heart, and this is what my heart is constantly saying, "Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah..." Praise be to God, Praise be to God, Praise be to God... I cannot speak nor write this with total sincerity, but my heart recites this all the time... it is only I that am often deaf to my own heart. Silly and absurd but sadly true.

May you be granted the unimaginable joy and happiness to hear your heart, sunshine. There are secrets to be found out if you listen attentive enough.

Pax Taufiqa.

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

Footnote: Cartoon was published in another earlier posting.

No comments: