Thursday, May 3, 2012

Alhamdulillah for Little Nayati! - Abducted Boy Released Safe & Sound


Recently I posted about the tragic abduction of young Nayati Shamelin Moodliar, the 12-year old son of an Indian-Dutch South African couple living here in Kuala Lumpur. As days pass, I started to worry as the chance of finding the boy alive and unhurt begins to ebb.


I did not like writing the post (Click Here if you wanna read it), because I was worried how this drama would end. Last night, about 4 in the morning, I suddenly woke up and thinking (and I don't know where that thought came from) that Nayati has been discovered safe and uninjured. So I immediately checked the internet, but there were no news. *Sigh* Feeling a little disappointed I went back to bed.

But God works in wonderous ways - for this morning it has been confirmed that Nayati has indeed been found safe and sound, released early this morning by the kidnappers on a highway lay-by near Rawang, about half an hour's drive from Kuala Lumpur. The family paid a substantial ransom after a protracted series of negotiations with the curs. You can read the link to the news coverage here - Click Here.

So the dream was true after all. And I am happy, because his pictures were everywhere and long would I have been haunted by his face if the worst were to have happened. But as it turns out, he is back, alive and unharmed in the embrace of a relieved family. As a father myself, I can only imagine the overwhelming sense of relief that the parents must be feeling right now - the world is once again wonderful and full of infinite happy possibilities. May God bless them and protect us always.

As for the kidnappers and their ill-gotten gains? This world is very small, and justice will find its mark, sooner or later. I do not like to wish bad things on anyone, but I believe that when you weigh karma in such a negative way by threatening the life of an innocent child... how will you answer God for your actions? I pray that the criminals will repent and find ways to redeem themselves with God and the rest of mankind.

But again, alhamdulillah for little Nayati! For it is a joyful news to savour!

May you continue to have a happy day, sunshine!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed wonderful that Nayati has been released and found safe and unharmed. I was hoping you would post good news like this soon. I haven't stopped thinking about him and praying. How fortunate and blessed they all are.

Milky Tea said...

Like our own son returned safe and sound, my friend... this is how we all feel. Love (especially for children) unites all of mankind.

Thank you for dropping by!

TK