Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Praying Cherubim and The Recording Angels - a pictorial history of angels part 3

The Cherubim was learning to pray,
With its backside high up to the sky,
It saw me smiling and enquired,
"I am doing it right, aren't I?"
But of one thing the Cherubim had no doubt,
No confusion, nor uncertainty,
For when asked "Who is pretty?"
It gestures with its chubby fatty fingers,
"Me! Me! Me!"
....................

Emina the Hind-Malay-Turkish baby-grrl has become something of a pin-up for this almanac. I am not beyond using other people's children to ramp up my readership. I have no scruples really, but what else can you expect from a sinner? Anyway, if you are reading this in the morning, isn't some angelic eye-candy the best thing for the morning-eye rather than the terrible news, tragedies and scandals that fill up our newspapers?

Right, this is the third part of my Angels series. Just rehashing some of my old angelic sketches for those who may have missed them in my earlier postings. No need to thank me, I am generous this way. (Translation: He doesn't have any idea what else to write today)

This is a rather glamorous looking herald, but I do not draw angels to scale.
I draw them in mental bite-sizes so we can enjoy the angelic beauty
without being overwhelmed. 
Not all angels are glamorous or have fancy jobs. Some work in retail.
But mostly they observe us. Especially the two Recording Angels that
witness and record our good and bad deeds. The Angel writing our good deeds
are so speedy at its work that our mere passing thought of doing charity is enough
to score us some merit with our Loving God. On the other hand, the Angel recording
our bad deeds are really, REALLY slow at its job - "No, I will wait. Maybe he will repent...
Maybe he will do something good to balance his karma... Oops, my ink is dry, how will I
record his sin?... Oh no, I cannot find his demerit book anywhere! Oh dear..."
..................

If you are looking for angels, you will find them. If you are looking for assurances, you will find assurances. If you are looking for God, Love and Beauty, would God deny you His presence and these wonderful things that He Himself has already promised you?

Thank you for coming by today to meet the Cherubim and my other Angels. Happy days ahead, sunshine!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Earlier angelic postings, click on the links -
The Sinner and the Angels - a pictorial history
A Cherubim and the Guardian Angels - a pictorial history of angels part 2


Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: