Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Sinner and the Angels - a pictorial history

My earlier Angels had clear faces on them. Nowadays their faces tend
not to be discernible, in keeping with ancient depictions of Angels. 
I have been drawing Angels for the longest time. Below are some of the sketches, some are quite old, while others are pretty new. The older ones tend to be without any story attached, while the recent ones are normally related to some story I wish to share with you. I believe that all have been posted earlier in this Almanac. But I hope you will enjoy them nonetheless...
Angels are awesome. But you wouldn't want them to be shooting at you
with their bows and arrows of light.
Sometimes my Angels are dutiful servants in a heavenly bureaucracy  
At other times, they are just little sparks of light seen through a little girl's eyes.
Angels are also bearers of correspondences. Postmen, if you will,
between our contemplation and the Divine Mirror.
(Click on picture if words are unclear)
I would like to blame Angels for my fatness. I have to blame someone...
Angels of course, do not make mistakes. If there are accidents involving Angels
you would be smart to suspect that the 'accident' is intentional.

This is a trick question, I think. Be careful how you answer the Angel.

Thank you for dropping in, sunshine. May your Guardian Angels be near you always.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

2 comments:

lulu said...

Lovely Jubbly :)))

Milky Tea said...

awesome blossom. Thank u!