Saturday, April 14, 2012

Snapshots along the Path - Cartoon Saturday Part 1!

Good morning, sunshine. I am still not awake. Around midnight, Mikhail, my brother and myself drove to a nearby food-court for a late supper. Now you can blame me for being lazy, but I shall not write anything today. So I hope you don't mind if I re-hash some of my old cartoons. I hope you have not read any of them yet. In the early years, I have found that a cartoon sketch sometimes best illustrates the interesting and curious occurrences in the spiritual journey of the Path (Tariqa). I try(ish) to be a good mureed (student) and be all serious, but frankly when I catch my reflection on the mirror, I cannot help but sometimes laugh...
(Footnote: Rabia al-Adawiyah is an uber-famous female Sufi saint. She has the
propensity of twisting the turban tails of male Sufi saints... hehehe)
Have a wonderful sabbath, sunshine. Always look on the light side of life.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: