Monday, April 2, 2012

The Cup of Bereavement. No here, no now, no never, no forever - The Prince Part 4


No Now, No Here, No Never, No Forever
O’ lovely sir,
I look to you and contemplate your passing,
Such are the thoughts that come in bereavement
As how beautiful flowers can be found resting
Betweeen Love’s Many Epithets and Grey Ornaments.

O’ kindly sir,
Did we find you or did you find us?
Like a sheep my mind is straying to ill always,
But I shall always remember you as my shepherd,
The True North in my compass,
To the end of my days.

O’ honest sir,
While you live I still remember,
Thinking - "Ah, happy! Happy! He is here!"
Now I must dress my thoughts
With no now, no here, no never, no forever.
............................

Remember, mourn and fill your cup of bereavement. But I am told that the most exalted way to recall the dearly departed is to conduct your life as how he or she would have wished you would - speaking less, eating less, abiding by good manners (Adab) and patience.

At each point of this legacy, my ego goes, "Urk! Nope. Not happening, dude." But I will try. I know I will fail one day and I will win one day. But I will certainly try... For he would have wanted it no other way, I think. Now, if only it was as easy as poetry...


Have a lovely Monday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: