Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Belief, Love, Life and Death - God's grammar

My late mum and my eldest brother, in London I believe.
She is a large part of why I believe...

82. Believe
If you are on fire, come swim in My Ocean
If you cannot reach My Shore
Wait for My Rain Clouds
If you are buried in soil
Wait for My River to cleft
Its way to you, My love.

I have not seen your record
I have not read your report
I am only looking at the Sun
Which is lighting the passages of your heart
And setting alight,
Your Book of Errors.

If you burn, do not be anxious
If you hurt, do not think you are forgotten.
Have I not been your solace
Through all of your years?

You are My Gift
A nanosecond of My Sublime Imagination
And wrought in My Mercy and My Love
For Muhammad.

Why despair?
Do you think I do not care?
My Love for you is the similitudes
Of an infinite Seas of Love
Lapping upon your sorrowful shore.
Of an infinite horizon of white clouds
Waiting to rain on your barren soil.

Oh my servant!
Believe.
...............

So recorded this prose by the sinner, some 8 years ago. And to this day this prose rings true in so many ways.

We all make mistakes. We all forget our promises. We all left unattended things we ought to have done a long, long time ago. It may be a promise to a friend. It may be a motherly advice left unheeded. It may be an instruction from a teacher which we took for granted. Regret is the wasteland outside the gates of your heart. A painful vista for any soul to ponder.

Because of the pain we sometimes over-compensate our past mistakes. It is not uncommon, because we desire to make right what we think we did wrong. And we want to make amends right now and immediately. To make the pain go away.

In the name of love and faith, I have seen Man do strange things. I do not know what is right or wrong. But I believe that God has done me no wrong, nor permit to happen anything which contains a single grain of ill-thought or malice. Not by the birth of a baby, not by the death of any man or woman in my life. For the Lord I believe has no ill-thoughts and is not malicious. Unique and utterly beguiling and mysterious is He, but His love for us? In that I have absolutely no doubt.

This is the overwhelming belief that keeps me at peace with the absence of my mother, who left her earthly shell almost ten years ago, taking with her her cooking, her smile, her kindness, patience and her earthy sense of humour.

Belief, Love, Life and Death - this is how God speaks to us. May He grant the eternal abode of peace to our dearly departed.

Thank you for coming by, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: