Monday, April 23, 2012

God's Divine Devices & Denominations - love's proxy on Earth

Even in the darkest labyrinth, Love can light your path.
Divine Device and Denomination
O' Love, be with me always
And leave me not alone with myself
And my capricious ego.

And if I cannot see You, O' Love...

Then let me rest in the goodwill of my friends,
Let me sit beneath the shade of my family tree,
Let me seek solace in the company of good deeds
And good thoughts of my kin past, present and future,
Let me take comfort in the kindness of a stranger,
Let me be happy in the smile of a kindly acquaintance,
Let me be guided by the wise and inspired master,
Let me be guarded in the wisdom of those with patience,
Let me take shelter in you, o’ God, o’ Prophet,
In whatever divine device and denomination
You have chosen to express
Your Love, Mercy and
Compassion.
..................

This is how I normally fall from the
peak into the valley.
I do not know about you, but I myself have never ever seen God. Oh, I have heard a lot about Him, and like most controversial personalities, there are those who adore Him (most believers) and there are those who abhor Him (such as they are). Neither of both groups have actually seen God, yet they hold very strong and passionate views about Him.

I would like to confess that I adore God 24/7, but my feelings towards Him are sometimes ambivalent, and has its peaks and valleys. Sometimes the peaks appear to reach so high that I can imagine hearing Angels and Saints singing His praise. At other times my valleys are so far down that I can almost smell the crackling black flames of Hades. It does not smell good.

So I am stuck with this world and the proxies of Divine devices and denomination - they can be people and events, things which strike my heart as bearing some beautiful favour and grace from God. Mostly they are my family and friends, but goodness can (and has) come from strangers and unexpected sources. Help and assistance can come from a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist or a Jew. Even an Atheist and Agnostic, funnily enough. God has so much to give you that He will use all necessary means to get to you. So if a stranger knocks on the door of your heart, do not be afraid. Give the greetings of peace and invite the stranger in.

Give the greetings of peace and invite the stranger in.

Have a lovely Monday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: