Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Running from Importance

I am unwell. Suffering from what some people call 'the runs'. Which I think is a fitting name describing the invalid's recurring running for the toilet. I caught a stomach bug, and I don't know where I got it. Happily I am philosophical about this unfortunate state of event. I am happy because I think I have been a little self-satisfied with myself.

A sense of righteousness and spiritual importance was creeping into my psyche. Well, not much problem there now. Because if there is one thing that will spoil your overbearing sense of importance is being forced to visit the toilet more than 25 times (and counting) today. It enforces a sense of humility, I guess. Not natural, but forced humility. But I don't mind. I will take whatever humility I can endeavour to feel. I have very low spiritual aspirations, you see...

Okay, sunshine. I gotta run! See you later.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: