Friday, April 20, 2012

Love & Wisdom. Knowledge & Attachment.


1. The Prism of Love
You cannot see
God and His Beloved,
Through any other prism,
Save of the Prism of Love.

There are many who claim this,
But they divide and they ostracize,
Then count themselves as wise.

They do not comprehend,
For when you are enamoured
With your own relationship
And attachment, even
With the Divinity,
Then, sadly,
Your wisdom
Is broken,
And your cup,
Empty.
..................

It is okay really. It is okay to be so enamoured with God and to find your cup of wisdom broken, and your wisdom slowly seeping into the earth like cold milk. After all, what do we really know except to love and hope that we are loved in return? I am tired of looking for the keys to the Library of Knowledge, and perhaps now I am only looking for the secret gate to the Garden of the Lovers. For you see, I know myself only too well. Give me too much knowledge and 'wisdom' and I am sure to neglect or even misuse it.

Throw Me a Rope
Let the wise ones look for wisdom.
I am looking for love and
To be taught the courtly manners
Of courtly love and chivalry.

If you are already there, throw me a rope...
In your kind friendship to me
Is my sweetest hope...
...............


Have a lovely Friday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: