Monday, May 7, 2012

Why the Rain is So Distressingly Lovely to Me

Morning Rain
Rain, rain, rain
Falling on you and me,
Rain, rain, rain
Puddles by the roadside,
Rain, rain, rain
What was it that made me see?
Where once my world did shine no light?

Rain, rain, rain
Keeps her secret all to herself,
Rain, rain, rain
Makes me pick a book right off the shelf,
Rain, rain, rain
To mind myself with gentle thoughts
Of life and love, of hope and God.
……………………

Unless you are caught without an umbrella, and unless you just washed your car, is there anything as lovely as an early morning drizzle? I am a rainy person. Some people are sunny ones who love to bake themselves under the sun. But me? It is the rain that makes me happy and the weather that is naturally for me. I don't know why really. I guess we are made the way we are made, and that's all.

It is actually 5.30am now. But my mind is wide awake. I will not sleep while I can still enjoy the tinkling, sprinkling, ding-a-ling sounds of raindrops outside my window. For soon enough the rain will stop, and the Sun, mighty and glorious will shine its crude and rude light into every corner of my soul.

If I am caught in the rain, I would bare my shoulder for a while - a brief illicit intimacy that I savour, between the rain, me and our Maker. For I recall that he did that, the Prophet Muhammad of Mecca, the Prince of Mercy. Perhaps that is why the rain is so distressingly lovely to me.

It is a whimsical Monday, sunshine. God bless you!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: