Thursday, May 31, 2012

Through the Veil and Into the Garden of Solace


2. Did You Pray?
I cannot recall.

I do remember folding paper ships
And setting them upon the water,
A gentle breeze from Qubruz came and carried them away

As I waved them farewell
I caught my reflection in the water
To find the face smiling back at me
Belonged to another.
..............


17. Putting the Fun in Fana
Do not blame us for feeling happy
Being at the side of our Saidi,
Swimming we are, in a sea of manna
Leaving footprints, on the shore of fana.
..............

Perhaps today it is better not to talk much. Sometimes it is better to leave the prose dancing in the halls and salons of your heart, and let it take you to where it shall take you... through the veil and into the garden of solace. Go on... do not be shy.

Thank you for coming in today, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: