Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Dawn of Muhammad - a higher and greater end

The Dawn of Muhammad
The Dawn of Muhammad is breaking
Upon my cold bitter earth,
Once, when I was blind, now I can see,
Once, when I was deaf, now I can hear...

The Light of Muhammad
The ocean of milk,
The river of honey,
The endless acres of grapevines
That was once lost to me
But is now mine.

I am waking up this morning,
But it would not matter if I am not here to greet the Sun,
For I am here only for Muhammad,

I will be getting married,
But it would not matter if I am not here to exchange the wedding vows,
For I am here only to celebrate Muhammad,
So let the wedding preparations go ahead,
Let the aunties and cousins get busy,
Send out the wedding invites, 
Arrange for the caterers
And prepare the wedding bed,
For I am not getting married for myself,
But to celebrate the life and joy of Muhammad,

The Light of Muhammad,
The ocean of milk,
The river of honey,
The endless acres where love and mercy reign,
The pacific heart once lost to me
Is now mine once again.

There are non-Muslims who will accuse the lovers of Muhammad as being deluded in the religion of Islam. And interestingly enough there is also a sizable contingent of Muslims who will accuse the lovers of Muhammad as being similarly ignorant and deluded in the religion of Islam. Both acolytes of hate and servants of ignorance populate either side of the biblical divide. In truth, the madmen amongst the Judaic-Christian heritage and among the Muslims deserve their confrontations, one attracting the other like a moth to a flame.

For those Sufis and mystics of all religion, they are keeping the secrets to themselves. To be drawn into the so-called clash of civilizations is to give credence to a divide in humanity, that in truth, does not exist.

For however man divides, the Absolute Reality of God unites mankind above the petty and feeble squabbles of the hubris-mad crowd.

You, my love. You are destined for a higher and greater end. This I believe to be true.

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: