Thursday, August 2, 2012

He Let His Adab Do The Talking - The Prince Part 24

Make Use of Me
I have no use for my mind
If it is not used
To contemplate you,
O' Muhammad,

I have no use for my hands
If it is not used
To praise Whom you praise,
To help whom you help,
And to protect
Whom you protect,

I have no use for my eyes
If I cannot see as you see,
No use for my ears
If I cannot hear as you hear,
No use for my feet
If they are not running to
Where you are now,

I have no use for my heart
If it is empty of you,
o' Muhammad...

O' Prophet of God,
For the longest time
I have been useless...
Useless to my family,
Useless to my friends,
Useless even to myself,

O' Beloved of God,
I implore you
To make use
Of me
For I have been
Pretty useless
At making use
Of what God
Has granted
Me.
......................

al fatiha
Someone gave me a short audio recording of a rare sohbet (sermon) given by the late al-Marhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (Ku Ash). And when I mean rare it is not because this is one of those rare sermons of his that is hard to get. It is simply because this royal prince and Sufi Shaykh rarely gives sermons. Though he had the blessings of the Mawlana and royal blood, he very (very) rarely gave sermons. He is one to let his Adab (courtly good manners) do the talking for him.

And even late last night, as I played the recording on my cellphone, I found it hard to concentrate on what he was actually saying. I guess it is the strange sensation of listening to his unmistakable voice after more than 3 months of his passing. I guess if Ku Ash knows of this, he would probably say something like, "See! Even when I speak, they NEVER pay attention."

But the fact of the matter is I was simply basking in the warmth of his voice, falling from some other place... Sorry, I am lazy that way. But then again, when it rains, do we go counting every little drop of rain that falls from the sky? No. I am just thankful that it rained. And that it was Ku Ash.

Thank you, sunshine, for listening to a weary heart that still needs so much guidance and help. May the Prophet send clouds of mercy to rain upon the landscape of your eternal soul. 

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: