Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Mecca of Man


Thy Hallowed House
O’ Lord,
It is not piety that drove me to Thee,
It is not virtues that made me plead to Thee,
It is not faith that led me to Thy Hallowed Sanctuary,
Nor is it patience that allowed me to endure
What Thou has bestowed for me.

O’ Lord,
For Thou knowest best what I hide in my chest
That no other can see, and Thou knowest completely
My selfishness, hubris and vanity.

But as Thou had honoured
The dry arid desert of Mecca
To bear Thy Hallowed House

Honour my dry arid heart
And make me bear Thy name, o' Ahad
And Thy Beloved Prophet, o' Ahmad!
..................

God could have His House built anywhere, but He commanded Prophet Abraham, some 5,000 years ago or more to build it in the middle of the desert of the Arabian Peninsular in the place now known as Mecca. If God was going for accessibility of location, a temperate climate with rich forests and fertile meadows God could have chosen thousands upon thousands of other places. Instead He chose Mecca.

And He could have chosen so many others who are wiser, and more patient, disciplined and stronger than you. But He chose you. Verily, God plans best and the Prophet(pbuh) is His best!

How blessed are you, o' Mecca of Man.


Have a lovely day, sunshine

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: