Sunday, August 12, 2012

When Passion and Work Converge - result is blissful and happy activity

Hullo, sunshine. I have been awfully busy today. Sitting. Well, not just sitting, I was writing and sketching too. It looks like the talk scheduled to be given by the sinner on contract law will indeed happen next month. So I have been hard at my presentation slides like a mad beaver (assuming beaver are hard-working animals). It is two weeks overdue. My bad.

To show that I am not lying and have been sleeping the day through, below is one of the first slides concocted...
Please don't click on the website in the pic. It's not yet constructed.

Hehehe. Does the lawyer in the picture look familiar? I guess I have grown fond of the fat bearded fella in his sunglasses that has been residing in the cartoons of this almanac. Or perhaps, I don't have the time (or the talent) to come up with a new character. It is possible. But I cannot tell you how delighted I am to be this busy... because when my Passion (sketching and writing) and my Work (legal practice) converge, the result is blissful and happy activity.

I am gonna rest now, sunshine. I shall leave you with one of my earliest cartoons. I am sure it has been posted earlier, but I think it is always a good reminder that however strange the other person looks, or sounds... however peculiar his culture or religion is to you... however irritated or angry you might be by the other person's behaviour or words... and lastly, however tempting is the idea that there are people who are 'others' and there are people who are 'one of us'... that actually, deep beneath our skin and running through our veins is the same crimson coloured liquid that breathes life into us all. Such are the signs within our very bodies of Oneness of the Creator of all humanity. Don't you agree?


God bless you on this early hours of Sunday morning...

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: