Tuesday, August 7, 2012

You are my Love... You are my Life - remembering an unspoken answer


11. My Love Life (with gratitude to Moses)
The Master took my hand two nights ago, asking,
How’s your love life?
And another answer only just came to me,

Oh Master,
You are my love,
You are my life.

But I am glad that reply came late,
And I was forced to wait.

For I would be awfully shy
And only stumble in such reply.
.................

Thus was a prose recorded two years ago in this very same month of Ramadhan. Perhaps the question was asked by the late Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (Ku Ash / Shaykh Raja) because I had earlier sent him a discreet sms seeking advice on matters of the heart and matrimony.

This is one of my favorite-est picture of Ku Ash,
smiling gamely while sitting at the feet of
his Master. 
But like all good replies, it only came to me when I was sitting with my friend Moses over a cup of tea. Rats. That would have been a pretty decent answer worthy of being recorded for prosperity. Instead, I only smiled and trembled like a shy little girl saying, "Oh, it's good! Very good!". I am like that all the time with Ku Ash. My heart starts racing and I never found my words to banter with him. The words only came much, much later. I guess that is why I write a lot.

But this month being Ramadhan, and now that Ku Ash has passed away from this mortal shore, I thought I would share my unspoken answer with you. I think the answer is a little pretentious, yes? After all, who the heck am I in his firmament? But life is about expecting the best, and wanting to be the best... so this is the best answer I could give, with hindsight. And I rather think that this is an answer (and pretense) shared by many, many of my friends.

O' Master,
You are my love,
You are my life...

God bless you, sunshine. Thank you for holding my hand down this bitter sweet memory lane. al-fatiha

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: