Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In between 'running' - work, Mikhail and a humble cardboard box...

31. Illness of the traveller
I am stupid sometimes,
But I do get the impression
That when He wants me to come closer,
He sends illness to carry me near.
Oh’ Lord! Thou art most beautiful in my eyes,
How much does this say of Thy love?
....................

Had 'the runs' again yesterday and today. For those unfamiliar with the lingo, 'the runs' means diarrhea, I guess it's because we keep having to run to the nearest toilet. I forgot how tiring 'running' can be. I laid in bed the whole afternoon... in between the runs.

...in between 'running'...

What a humbling experience!

The runs (which turned out to be a marathon) lasted into this morning, which was an inconvenience as I promised to attend a court hearing with our Counsel. It was a rare court appearance and I resolved to go anyway (something for which I think I deserve a medal of courage). Happily, the whole time in court, the tummy was fine, and by 10.30am I was back in my car, then the 'running' started all over again.

Mika was glad I was home though, and resolved to show how he could make even a humble piece of cardboard box into a plaything. Little does he know that this is the reason why I am reluctant to spoil him with expensive toys. Or maybe I am just a miserly dad.

He can make do with just playing in cardboard boxes. Hmm...

God bless you, sunshine. I am hitting the sack again now.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: