Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Village of Good Widows - Pictures tell Stories

If you are going to be drenched in a torrential downpour the night before, and later get caught in a morning drizzle as you wade through an icy cold river (icy by tropical standards, that is), well, be prepared to pay the consequences, sunshine. I am back home from the hillside village of Janda Baik nursing a temperature and a nasty cough. I am not much for talkin' or writin' just now. But perhaps you are quite tired of my endless jabber, so would appreciate quiet time with some shots I took while I was there...

If you have a 4X4 vehicle, you can go further up river,
where the water is clear like crystal. There are few houses here,
mostly farms and a couple of aboriginal huts.
The small village of Janda Baik is located just one hour from Kuala Lumpur. When I was
young in the early 80s, I used to visit this place. Back then they planted rice here
but not anymore. I guess the size of the paddy fields are just not economical enough,
squeezed as they are between mountain ranges and hilly jungles.
After our brief escapade upriver, we came down along the main road to find
this dilapidated little cafe beside the river. As you can see, the breakfast view
is refreshing, with greens, a cascading river, bright flowers and even an orange
tabby cat sitting quietly by the river bank. Do you see it?
At the highest peak in Janda Baik is a bungalow owned by Mr. Saufi. He rents it out
to guests who would have this amazing view of the infinity pool overlooking
the valley of Janda Baik down below.
Everything is brighter, greener and more colourful here. I am coming back
as soon as I can...
Have a restful day, sunshine. I certainly will.

Pax Taufiqa

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: