Tuesday, March 20, 2012

At the Vocabulary Junction in the Forest of Our Wild Imagination

Forest river, near Janda Baik village, Pahang.

8. Ah, a Woman
Fragile and soft,
Yielding
But ever so
Commanding.

Heche's Abridged Complaint
I was sitting with Heche one day where she was complaining about not having enough self-confidence. I commiserated with her like any gentleman would, until her conversation winded down to "You know... I felt...umm. I felt like... umm...I was like errr..." I interrupted her vocabulary stalemate and commented tartly, "Yes, yes, I know. But do YOU know how lucky you are? If your mastery of the English language is better, can you imagine the sort of despairing prose you can be verbalizing right now? Don't you agree that sometimes it is GOOD not to be able to find the right words...?"

She threw a tissue box at me.

In the Forest of Our Wild Imagination
But really, when you think about it, isn't it good sometimes to be not so imaginative? I myself have a rather vivid imagination, and although I enjoy it, I will confide something with you here - My imagination has led me to some pretty dark places that I wish I have never ever known...

But I guess this is part of life - We don't always end up where we want to end up. And perhaps that is why our attachments to God and good conscience are like bread crumbs we leave behind. So even if we get lost in the Forest of our Wild Imagination, we can still find our way back out...


Alhamdulillah, I see the Sun again!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: