Monday, March 19, 2012

You Cannot Close the Door I Want to Keep Open - an apologia


You Cannot Close the Door
You cannot own me,
I am not yours to possess,
You cannot say that I am yours alone,

You cannot tell people that you are better than them
And you cannot tell people that
You deserve me more than them,

You cannot monopolize me and my history,
You cannot sway me from my destiny,

You cannot decide who is for me and who isn’t.
You cannot close the door I want to keep open…

Really??
It would be the easiest thing for me to write (and I did - Click Here) that God is for everyone, but the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh) is only for us Muslims. But the moment the sentiments were put into writing, I had a strange sensation. A doubt in fact, an awkward question that keeps popping up in between the syllables of my soul, asking, “REALLY?”

Something from the Scriptures
For me, God has made it patently clear (in my hindsight...). His Beloved Muhammad was sent to us. To all of us grandchildren of Adam and Eve, in whatever colour or creed we are clothed in. And it includes terrestrials, extraterrestrials, Mankind, animals, sentient and non-sentients, and even Djinn, whoever they are and however they may exist in any form, shape or energy. So He said in the Quran -


(Sahih International translation)
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
(Pickthall translation)
We sent thee not save as a mercy for the peoples.
(Yusuf Ali translation)
We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.

An Apologia
So the thing is, even if you do not accept Muhammad (pbuh) as a Messenger of God and the Seal of the Prophets, you are always entitled to His Mercy. After all, are you not a part of my world, my life and my own humanity? I think this is what my Prophet has been trying to knock into this stubborn head for the longest time. My bad for giving the wrong impression in my earlier posting.

Please forgive my lapse of judgment, sunshine...

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: