Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something to Smile About...


I Am Not Offering Sighs
I am not offering sighs
Of painful sorrow
But smiles,
Nor fears of tomorrow
Full of doubt.

So Smile, love,
And take your share
Of certainty
From my share.
...................

Hullo, sunshine. Welcome to the almanac. I really have nothing to share today but smiles. In fact, contradictory as it appears, I have always opted to put my best foot forward and write in an optimistic and hopeful way in this sinners' log. And always with an optimistic ending. 

The Angels themselves doubted God's decision to place mankind as His viceregent-representative on Earth. And I think Mankind has been pretty good at being bad. But Mankind has also been exceedingly good at being good. Without even having to look at historical personalities like Prophets, Philanthropists, Teachers and Statesmen, we can see the daily examples of goodness in our parents, brothers and sisters, friends and colleagues.
Remember when you were young?
Even when you are sick and riddled with chicken pox you are beautiful...
And in our children, of course. Especially in our children, where goodness is mixed with the breath-taking beauty of youth. Now that is something to smile about, isn't it?

Have a smileful day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: