Sunday, June 3, 2012

Man, Woman and SIRI™... you know there's gonna be trouble ahead - The Misadventures of Saint SIRI™ Part 2

Hehehe. Not that anyone was waiting.
But the story of the Iphone 4S upgraded version of the SIRI speech recognition
application continues...
I am a great admirer of women. After all, my mother was one and had she not surreptitiously ejected me out almost 42 years ago, I would not be here today, writing this.

A friend shared with me his relationship problems. He says that his female half likes to win their frequent arguments. And that she is arbitrary. Firstly - but of course women like to win arguments, why shouldn’t they when they are right most of the time?

And secondly, what men refer to as being arbitrary comes with the territory of being their women’s ‘chosen one’. I think the better adjective is ‘flexible application of generally agreed relationship rules'.

But the most laughable protest from his list of complaints is that if he were to give in and agree (or say sorry), then he is not being ‘himself’. In other words, he doesn't want to be insincere. For my naive friend, in the fruit basket of compromises, it was just one banana too far.

I had that banana ages ago.


Saint Siri always has a comment.

After all, sincerity is such an iffy concept. When it comes to placating your opposite half’s dissatisfaction, try putting sincerity and ‘being yourself’ on the back burner. I think being understanding and giving in is more important than men's self-important sense of sincerity. Honestly, when you count the aggravation of a war with your female half compared to swallowing some humble pie, that pie suddenly looks damn appetizing to me!

You might as well enjoy it. Because, oh boy, are you gonna be getting
your share of this fine pastry... Yummy!

Hehehe. God bless you. Thank you for coming by, sunshine.

Click Here for earlier posting on My Moral iPhone - The Misadventures of Saint SIRI™ Part 1

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

1 comment:

Milky Tea said...

you are welcomed! and welcome to the almanac... please come back!

TK.