Friday, May 20, 2011

Love on the Road with Anis

I have known Anis for a long time. We were in college together, and even back then it was apparent to me that she will be one of the 'different' ones. I recall her showing me a letter from George Lucas's (or is it Steven Spielberg's? Sorry, Anis, if I err here) production company addressed to her. I remember holding the letter like it was written on goldpaper. Anyway, Anis, being a big fan of the Lord of the Ring trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien wanted to ask the great movie maestro whether he would be interested to put Frodo, Aragon, Gandalf and Smeagol on the silver screen. Well, the studio replied and basically said that such a movie is not in the offing, however, they are planning to produce a movie called Willow which is also fantasy based. The movie was released sometime in 1988, and collected almost USD58 million in the US alone.

I bumped into her travel blog recently and found a short write-up entitled "Love on the Road". I found it to be witty and interesting. I for one, never had the risk of falling in love on the road. Simply because I am seldom on the road. But perhaps you are the sort that would be travelling half of the year, all over the world, and may need advice on managing airport-terminal affairs and hotel lobby liaisons. If you would like to read her observations on this (and other random thoughts that she may be entertaining at any given time), just Click Here.

Thank God it's Friday!

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: