Saturday, May 28, 2011

Who is Muhammad and Who is a Muslim?



I am...

I am the servant
Of Sublime Delicacy,

I am the agent
Of the Utmost Sensitivity,

I am the gift
Of Divine Mercy,

I am the Most Beloved of God,

The Bar above the Dot,

Wrapped in a
Fragile Humanity.


I was out past midnight with my friend, Longhair, when all virtuous people have already gone to sleep. We spoke about God, love, woman and sex. I said that men (okay, let's just say me alone) are perpetually in the movie, 'Sixth Sense', but unlike the spooky little boy who could see dead people, I would instead whisper breathlessly "...I see hot babes...".

We also spoke about Muhammad. He reminded me of an old sunnah (tradition) of the Prophet - One day, he was asked, "Who is a Muslim?" To which Muhammad Habibullah replied, "It is he from whom anyone need not fear harm, whether to be caused by his hands or his words."

I think today is as good as any day for you Muslims to raise the Bar and reject the deformed perception of many of your co-religionists who are changing their Faith of Moderation to suit their violent and bigoted ideas of what makes a Muslim.

Have a harmless Sabbath, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa.

Footnote - Picture is the interior of al-Aqsa Mosque, Jerusalem. Courtesy of Syful Studios.

No comments: