Friday, May 20, 2011

The Miser & the Robber

Life is about sharing. This is not easy for me to say because I am not naturally generous. I count pennies and when I do give I check my wallet to see if I still have money for tomorrow. I am that sorta guy, you see. But sometimes we just gotta share when it is simply too selfish to keep the posies of prose to yourself. And for the first time ever in the Sinners' Almanac, I am sharing two prose from another pen. The pen belongs to Russell Streur, a friend I never knew I had.

1. Miser in Hard Harbor
Here in hard harbor
No sign of spring
Only cold rain
And barren wind
Each step north and another
Farther from your arms

I'm a miser
On a night like this
Hoarding every moon
We’ve slept beneath
Spending every coin in my purse
To buy back

The thousand miles
Separating us.


.....................................................


2. Robber Chih's Rules of Life
Eat the livers of your enemies.
Camp on the sunny side of the mountain.
Don’t listen to babble.
Laugh more.
Cherish every moment fate grants.

Eyes yearn for color.
Ears for music.
The mouth for flavor.
Gratify desire.

Discover the hiding places.
Steal only what’s worth stealing.
Be the first to take it.
Be the last to lose it.
Share the loot equally.



It's Friday night here in Kuala Lumpur.

Wherever you may be, have a great weekend, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: