Monday, July 16, 2012

God replied 'Hayy' - sweet labour and the divine duvet


God Replied 'Hayy'
The best thing about working
Is to end the day so tired
And worn, like a rag ready
To be hanged on the clothes line,
And to have just enough energy
To say, “Hullo, God…” in a tired sigh
And to hear God, my Sweet Loving God, reply, “Hayy…”
…………………………

My bones are aching, my throat is dry and my eyes are blinking from lack of sleep. It was an interesting working trip to Singapore yesterday, sunshine. I am fortunate to have work and to be able to do what I love to do. Not many people can say that, I think.

It is a common Western (global now) greeting to say “Hi”. I wonder if people know that it is also one of the divine names / attributes of God to mean (and let me be expansive here by quoting a website) – The Living, The Alive, The Everlasting, The Deathless, The Ever-living.

Wow. That’s a lot of living. It is funny that when I am most tired, when I feel that my soul has been stretched for a good 14 hours, and I just wanna fall into my bed lifeless, that it is this particular name of God that is most comforting to me, just like...

A Divine Duvet
The lifeless me falling into the embrace of the Ever-living,
The cold-blooded me falling into the warmth of the Ever-loving,
The ignorant me falling into the knowledge of the All-knowing,
Pulling the divine duvet over my still body,
And whispering to God, “Thank You for today…
It was hard, but it was lovely…”
......................

And now it is Monday again. May you have a lovely beginning of the week, sunshine

Wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: