Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Goat Jealous of God's Talents - physical beauty, spiritual beauty and the science of capturing both manifestations on paper...

I sketched this. Weird. 
Sketch and Draw, Sketch and Draw
I look at my mother,
I look at my father,
At my son and my Master,
I look at all whom I have loved
And all whom that I will love,
I look out of the window at the sky,
I look at the kitten that just passed me by,
I look at the trees and the flowers
At the butterflies and the bees,
I look at the sea and at the running brook,
I look and look and look,
Until from the sky fell a chalk, a pen and a pencil,
And someone said, “Sketch and draw, sketch and draw,
But ask ye not, for whom you are doing this for..."
……………………………….

A Goat Jealous of God's Talents. When someone commented in an earlier posting that Mika (my son) looked rather good in a picture, an unworthy thought grazed awhile in the pastures of my thoughts, "Oh yeah? But what about the picture I sketched?"

But the goat soon left and of course I know... how can i ever compete against God? It was He who sketched Mikhail when He dipped His pen into the Ocean of the Light of Muhammad and started to create. In fact God sketched and created us all... In wonderous and truly unimaginable physical and spiritual beauty. Wonderful stuff.

Art entitled 'Emina'. All rights reserved with the Artist Always known as Almighty God.

To Heck with Spiritual Beauty! But of course not everyone is doled out with the same amount of physical beauty. Someone has said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you cannot beat history. And history has shown that time and again, there are some very clear and distinctive criteria by which people generally judge a woman (or a man) as physically beautiful. Skin, height, weight, eyes, nose, moles, hair, etc... all these conditions contribute to one's good looks. Spiritual  beauty is however less obvious. It is an inner glow that is not necessarily visible to everyone. Thus many people are saying "To heck with spiritual beauty! I will make do with physical beauty!"

To such discontented souls I can only repeat this advice of Saidina Ali (4th Caliph of Islam) that a friend posted on the Facebook wall - "Beautiful people are not always good. But good people are always beautiful."

And I cannot put it any better than that.

Have a beautiful day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: