Saturday, July 7, 2012

Questions Your Soul Wants Answers To - The Prince Part 20

al fatiha...
3. N Ode 2 Hu
I am lowborn, who will raise me?
I am highborn, who will bring me down?
I am rude, who will teach me manners?
I am vain and proud, who is oft-bearing with me?

I am in love, who is in love with me?
I am yearning, who is yearning for me?
I am ablaze, who will quench the fire?
I am drowning, who will drain the ocean?
I am dying, who shall bury me?

I am a bird, but who gave me wings?
I am the sky, but who painted me blue?
I am a face, but who taught me to smile?
I am a prose, but who is the poet?
I am a lantern, but who is the light?

Who is asking? Who is answering?
What am I? Who am I?
Like a shadow on the wall?
Like a ripple in the ocean?

I am coming home, but who am I returning to?
Was I ever away?


7. Shams-al-shams
O’ Pale Shining Moon
Bridesmaid of the Sun
How many veils have been drawn
Between this one
And the Sun of the Sun?
...................

Today the weary and the spirited, the wise and the foolish, the sparkling nova and the timorous mouse-like friends, mureeds, lovers and groupies of al-marhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (Ku Ash) are making their way to the palace of his father, the Sultan of Perak to observe the tradition of the 100th day tahlil (traditional Muslim prayers for the deceased) for the passing of their beloved Shaykh.

They are a mixed bunch, you know, for Ku Ash has gathered them all under his shadow, with no discrimination, while he himself is under the shadow of the Grand Shaykh and thereafter connected through the Golden Chain to the Prophet(pbuh) himself.


Connections in the spiritual world, just like in the world of business and social networking is important - It gets you places. And it helps you to find answers to question your soul longs to ask...


May you too, have a memorable day, sunshine. Use it to remember someone good and beautiful in your life.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: