Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hadrah for the Father - The Prince Part 22


But of course you do
O beautiful seed,
You grew into a mighty tree,
Shaded by the highest tree in the forest of souls,
And when the time came,
The birds of heaven came to retrieve a blossom
Borrowed from the gardens of paradise,
And you return to the Reality and the Power, 
To the All merciful and All wise,
To do things which you must do,
To attend to matters which you must attend to,
As we all know.
*pause*
But do you know that we miss you so?

But of course
You do.
…………………

Al-marhum Shaykh Raja Ashman Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Shah (Ku Ash) passed away from this material existence more than 100 days ago. Since then, his father, His Majesty the Sultan of Perak has been regularly attending his late son's zawiya (prayer hall / house) near here. Today someone posted on Facebook a video of the joyous hadrah (musical interlude of hymns and songs worshiping God and praising the Beloved of God, Muhammad Habibullah(pbuh)) being celebrated recently in the palace of the Sultan.


As I watched my friends singing and smiling, as I saw the Sultan tapping his feet, his hand keeping the beat, as I watched Shaykh Adnan Kabbani literally conducting the boys with his walking stick and at the furthest end, Shaykh Bahauddin Adil clapping, smiling and singing, I suddenly noticed the framed picture of Ku Ash sitting on my table... and the picture was looking back at me. I looked at his face, then back to the hadrah and his father. Then back to him, then back to his father...

Poignant is the word I am looking for here.

Funny how the Lord arranges things to happen just so. Like you being here today.


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: