Monday, June 6, 2011

How to be right even when you are clearly wrong

This is why I sometimes hate being right!

Right & Wrong
Being proven wrong
Leaves me momentarily sad
But in it is a lesson for me
And my heart is fed.

Being proven right
Leaves me temporarily happy
But in it is food
For the ego and my heart goes hungry.

An old, old man once shared this with me - Even if you are wrong sometimes it can be good for you. And even if you are right, it may be bad for you. Right and wrong happens to us all the time, but it is how we react to it that best reflects who we are. So if you are wrong, say sorry without qualifications. And if you are right, do not crow or brag about it. That way you can be right all the time... Even when you are wrong!

What a nice day this is turning out to be. God bless you, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa

No comments: