Sunday, June 5, 2011

Love - final, real, sweet, now... at last.

Love
Love came to me like a church choir
And uncluttered my mind,
Love came to me like a hand
Stretching across a sea of doubt
And assured me,, “Of course I understand.”

Love came to me in a song
And in the painting
Of a house and a country path,
Love said, “My love,
This is me. Welcome home.”

Love came to me through books,
Through poetry and movies,
Love tucked me in
And held me down,
Saying, “Do not resist”.

Love tore through my pain,
Love broke down my barriers,
Love took me and all my failures,
Love broke the witch’s spell,
Love flooded my personal hell,
Love told me not to run,
Love kissed me
And then Love coyly asked,
“Is this not what you want?”

Love undiminished by the past,
Love forever and more tomorrow,
Love - final, real, sweet, now…at last.



May Love grace this Sunday for you, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa.





No comments: