Wednesday, June 8, 2011

When you are down in the dumps, look up.

I was walking in the back lane of my office, a rather messy little alley through which the garbage trucks trundle through every morning. Then I notice, framed between the two shoplots the sight of the sky, the clouds and the sunshine. So I quickly grabbed my phone and took a picture.

This morning, when I am a feeling little glum, I will say nothing and let God write the prose in the canvas of His sky. He is the best Writer ever, so why not?

Sometimes, when all appear gloomy and untidy, we just need to remember who we are, and where we are. And that above us is a happy shining sky, a sign of hope when our expectations which we disguise as our hopes appear ready to let us down.

Do not be fooled by the narrow backlanes and alleys that embody our limited aspirations. Look up, sunshine. For God's ambition and expectations for us is breath-taking in its expanse and beauty. Just like the sky.

Pax Taufiqa.

2 comments:

Aida said...

"For God's ambition and expectations for us is breath-taking in its expanse and beauty. Just like the sky."'I love this quote Taufiq, it's very meaningful! I thought I'd stop by your blog and send my salaams. Are you the one doing these drawings on the blog?

Milky Tea said...

Dear Aida,

Salams. Thank you. The funny thing about this particular posting was that I was actually feeling kinda gloomy in the morning. But I forced myself to write, and somehow the conclusion came out to be sweet and I felt better. So your comment is an icing on this cake! Danke.

And yes. I do draw all the illustrations in the blog. It is a hobby of mine.

Drop by any time...

TK