Sunday, June 19, 2011

I am 40 but my Dad thinks I am still 14. Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day. My dad treated me and my brother for breakfast. Having finished at the restaurant we were walking across to the car when we noticed a chinese man selling sandals by the roadside. I fancied a pair, and while contemplating the purchase, suddenly my dad said, "Do you want it? Let me get it for you..." I am 40, but he still thinks I am 14.


I am going to give him the final print copy of my book. It is still here with me, next to the laptop. Horribly wrapped (by me) in a gaudy colourful wrapping paper. I wrote a little something in the book. What he has given me, I can never equal - My flesh and bones, my heart and soul. The freedom to chart my own path in this world. To let my conscience be my guide and to try and be as good a man as he was and is. God bless his grumpy sweet heart. My father is often misunderstood. But me, his son. I understand him.
God bless all fathers, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: