Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Love & Longing, Seeing & Feeling


My Love,

Every creak of the wooden floor makes me think that you are entering my room,
only for me to look up and find that you are not there.

Every tear that falls from my eyes makes me think that you will come to console me,
only for you to make me wait for your comforting embrace,

Every breath that I exhale makes me think that it will be my last,
only for me to open my eyes and find that,
alas, I am still alive.

Every joy in my heart makes me think of you,
only for me to look within
and find that you are no where to be seen,

But what I cannot see,

This time…

I feel.


The day is coming to an end here in Kuala Lumpur, but somewhere in North and South America, it is just beginning. The Sun is peeping through your window, and a new day full of promise awaits your pleasure. I have drunk my fill of the Sun today and I bid it good evening.


But for you, who remain hidden from my eyes, I bid a good morning. Because just like Love...you are not hidden from my feelings.


Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: