Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Key of Happiness called Patience


7. The Key
Many people find themselves
Standing before the doors
Of strength, wisdom, courage and faith.

But they are locked outside,
And enter they cannot,
Having lost the key
Called patience.


In the course of my writing, patience pops up a lot. It is normally written in hindsight after the sinner has exhibited some appalling impatience. It doesn't take much for me to lose my 'cool'. So it doesn't take much for me to lose my balance along the path that we both are travelling on. That makes me unhappy, but without this trippin' and fallin', I wouldn't have much to write and share with you. Your kind attention, when you probably have a thousand things you can do with your time, for this almanac makes it all worth it. That and the fact that the end of the journey, the final destination of my mortal upheavals, is always just around the corner, is always only moments away from the present. Between the Lord, the Prophet and you, what complaints do I have? That Providence has granted me such wonderful travelling companions, makes me smile. Even in the dead of night when the world is asleep, I think of you, sunshine, and a little chuckle would emanate from the fuzziest coziest corner of my heart.

I can get horribly frustrated with my repeated failings, but the fact that you inhabit my world, leaves me patient with my indiscretions - I learn to forgive myself. And in the morning air, I sweep away the dust from my soul, I get up and I move on. Have a lovely Sabbath, pet.

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: