Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Little Envy and a Little Walk

When I am envious, I turn orange, not green.
26. Unwed and envy
I am unwed, you know,
Though once I was.

And I am pleased
And happy with
Where I am
Now.

But I am human too,
And when I visit
The homes of
My friends,
I will not hide that
Envy fills
My body,

And wonder
If there
Shall ever be
Another
Home for me.

A LITTLE ENVY. I wrote this some 3 or 4 years ago, soon after my divorce. I would be chilling at my friend Moses's house, with his children running around us, and suddenly my very soul would sigh... *SIGH*. Alas, I am human and envy (a bit). Kinda miss being married. But I am glad to share with you now that life, like always, is again looking up for the sinner. No, he doesn't have a home yet, but he is actively pursuing a solution to that with the cooperation of Heche. And nowadays he is happier still because Mikhail is with him 5 days of the week (Mika's primary school is like 3 minutes drive away).

A LITTLE WALK. I have been walking a bit nowadays. And very early this morning (6am) Mika offered to accompany me in my walk. It was an cardio-vascular exercise for my heart and an audio-vascular exercise for my ears... "Papa, I thought we would be walking around the house, not around the block! Papa, look! I am walking faster than you... Papa, why is this house so big? Papa, why are the windows all dark? Are they hiding something? It's like a haunted house, Papa... Papa, I think they need a big house because they have dogs... why are the dogs are so loud? Woof! Woof! Woof!... Papa, would you like to sleep in a house with a dog barking like that? Papa? PAPA?.....

Have a lovely day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

No comments: