Friday, October 7, 2011

You mean the WORLD to me. So get ready to be blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with the world.

Heche often tells me that I am a grumpy old man. And I must admit that over the past couple of weeks I have been extra crabby, easily nettled by the world and its inhabitants. I am Cancerian, but alas I must be one of those Cancerians with soft-shells. Easily hurt, easily provoked, walking sideways while other astrological signs walk straight.

Anyways, we were in the car one evening, and some nincompoop driver (you know the one, you probably encountered him/her earlier today) did something nincompoop-ish on the road, so I berated and complained at him. Heche said that she was the only one who could hear my angst-ridden tirade so why bother? I snapped back at her, and she sighed, "Why is it that I get blamed for everything wrong in the world?" I paused and gave my answer, "Why? Because you mean all the world to me of course. Who else can I blame?"

She rolled her eyeballs (She does that a lot. I wonder why) and said, "Yeah, suuuuure..." Do I detect a tone of sarcasm from Ms-still-wet-behind-the-ears? Anyway I continued and said, "It is an honour of sorts, you know..."

We drove the rest of the trip in silence.

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: