Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Valleys and Peaks of Human Experience

69. Valleys & Peaks
What peaks are there to climb and savour?
If there are no valleys for us to wander?
At times lost and thinking,
Escape this, we will never

I am on a plateau at the moment. I am not really certain whether I am going up or down. Where are you now, sunshine? Well, if you are in the valley somewhere, cheer up. The valley cannot last forever, you know. If you are on some high peak, do be careful. It is tough going sometimes, being on top, and the cliff face can be a slippery place to be.

We would like to think we are okay, whether we are enjoying the vista from some high spiritual (and material) perch, or if we are slumming it in some dark forbidding valley of gloom. But we are human, which means we often get caught up in our surroundings.

Well, I am glad that you are still with me, sunshine. You company makes it just fine, wherever I am. 

Thank you.

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: