Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Antichrist, Muslims and Jews, the Ego, a Pop Quiz and Divine Recompense

TWO OLD FOOLS. I was out with Munim, my friend. He was worried about the world. "The Dajjal (Antichrist) wants us to fight each other. Muslims against Jews. Jews against Christians and Muslims against Christians. That is his mission and that is his way." I nodded my agreement, "You are right, bro." Then he continued, "The Jews are not our enemies. And we are not theirs. It is our own ego and the compulsions which our ego encourages - hate, bigotry, envy... you know." I nodded saying, "I know. I know."

We are a couple of old fools, wandering the big city of Kuala Lumpur. Who listens to old fools anyway, when everyone thinks they have all the answers?

POP QUIZ. On Friday afternoon, I was out with Heche, Sharm and Mikhail. Mikhail bought a quiz book and was boisterously answering the quiz by Sharm. "Mikhail, is there a stone that can melt in rain?" Mika answered in the affirmative. "Well, what is it?" continued Sharm. Mika couldn't answer and Sharm said that it is limestone. Exasperated by Sharm's tough you-have-five-seconds-to-answer method of quizzing, he finally exploded, "I don't know la... I don't collect stones!"

Earlier He answered that there was 340 days in a year and when corrected he replied, "Mummy didn't tell me!" All in all it was a noisy day out.

Life is all about observation, asking questions and answering them. It is a beautiful way we have ahead of ourselves, sunshine... It is up to us how we choose to be recompensed.

54. Recompense
Some look forward to home,
Others look forward to
The journey home.

Then, there are those who
Seek the reward offered,
While others seek
No reward but He
Who is offering
The reward.

Have a safe and sweet Sabbath.

Hate has no place in Islam.

No comments: