Thursday, November 10, 2011

In the Temple of Godly Contemplation, we are all strangers

...To be lost amongst the many in worship of the One,...
I am a stranger here
I do not sing because it is my desire,
But the song impels me to sing it,
I do not write because it is my desire,
But the words impels me to write them,
I do not speak of love and beauty
As a foreign idea in the Universe,
For I am the foreign body,
While the Universe itself is
An embodiment of Love and Beauty...

We are the strangers here
In the Temple of Godly Contemplation,
For no created thing causes 
So much discordance as man.

So I write and sing to blend in,
To be lost amongst the many
In worship of the One,

Playing the darbuka,
Singing the salawat,
To end my exile from God,
And find peace in this world
As His guest, while waiting
For God to pluck me like a pearl
From the oceans of His Own Conception.

Glossary 
Darbuka is a drum.
Salawat are recitations and songs in praise of the Prophet Muhammad.

Have a musical day, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

No comments: