Monday, November 7, 2011

Who is Hu is He is God - When you ask the right questions, beautifully the answer would always be God.

3. N Ode 2 Hu
I am lowborn, who will raise me?
I am highborn, who will bring me down?
I am rude, who will teach me manners?
I am vain and proud, who is oft-bearing with me?

I am in love, who is in love with me?
I am yearning, who is yearning for me?
I am ablaze, who will quench the fire?
I am drowning, who will drain the ocean?
I am dying, who shall bury me?

I am a bird, but who gave me wings?
I am the sky, but who painted me blue?
I am a face, but who taught me to smile?
I am a prose, but who is the poet?
I am a lantern, but who is the light?

Who is asking? Who is answering?
What am I? Who am I?
Like a shadow on the wall?
Like a ripple in the ocean?

I am coming home, but who am I returning to?
Was I ever away?

Glossary -
Hu is Arabic and means 'He'. When mystics refer to He, they are talking about the pre-existing One and Only God, for to them no other 'he' is actually existing in the absolute sense. In an English - Arabic wordplay the prose is therefore saying that the 'Who' referred to in the verse is 'He', a.k.a. God. All human questions can only be answered by our beloved Creator, if you know the right questions to ask.

What a beautiful day this is turning out to be, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

PS: The prose was published earlier, but I felt that the sketch (done this morning) kinda fits the words..., don't you agree?

No comments: