Sunday, November 6, 2011

As they say, Marriage...

As They Say, Marriage...
If life begins anew in marriage,
Breath your life into mine,
And I will breath mine into yours,
I will press myself unto you,
And seep through your pores
To find you, once again,
Inside you.

Wine will make me drunk,
But Love will make me insane,
So when will you open
Your wine cellar to me?

Books will make me smart,
But Love will make me wise,
So when will I leaf through
Your pages? Your beginnings
And endings?

Work will earn me money,
But Love is my inheritance,
So when will you tell me
What Fate has bequeathed
To me?

To be born in the morning
Cradled in your arms,
To perish nightly in
Your twilight storms.


Have a happy marriage, sunshine. But marriage is an adventure, you know. So you must expect the highs and lows, the peaks and valleys, the 'I love you' and the 'I hate you', the break ups and the make ups, the miseries and the bliss, the heroes and villains, the journey and the homecoming. But if you have to go through all this, is it not fine that you have found that perfect someone to share your adventure with? 

wa min Allah at-taufiq

No comments: