Monday, September 3, 2012

The Hamsters of God - in the wheel of a Constant Presence...


A Hamster of God
I wake up early
To wait for the rising dawn
And the crisp fresh air
And greet my Lord,
For I know, verily,
He waits for me!

In the beginning of every day,
I am so happy I could just
Lie down and die,

For me this is no heaven,
But some inscrutable
Constant Presence.

If only you could feel what I feel,
You would not think me proud,
You would be happy, just like me
A hamster running with God,
Wheels within wheels within wheels!

Wheeeee!
…………………………

I was happy, having an early cup of coffee below my office and suddenly wondering, "Where is the sky?" I raised my head and there it was… between the back of the cooking school, above the equestrian shop and a back alley sign of the failed little pub. Somehow, this assures me more and I smile to one one in particular...

Where is the sky... where is the sky??

In the history of Islam we have had the Lion of God, the Sword of God and all other blessed and innumerable titles, marking the steadfast and true faith of many men and women of Islam. As I doubt that I have the bearing to carry any great or courageous adjectives, I have chosen something perhaps more amenable... the humble, rodent-family but nonetheless cute little hamster. I am not claiming this exclusively for myself, you know, you too can be part of this elite group of wheel turning, food chomping, energetic band of Animalia Chordata Vertebrata Mammalia Rodentia Myomorpha Muroidea Cricetidae Cricetinae (to give our full scientific name).


So today, as you trudge into your office, perhaps feeling like a tired little rodent in a wheel and cog of a large cold machine, do not despair for you are not alone. We are with you. And if you ever feel threatened by such despondency, look out of the nearest window and remember that however small you may feel you are, you are still under the same glorious blue and white sky of God, the One Creator who loves His highest and lowest servants with infinite Love and limitless compassion. I am saying this, from one hamster to another...

Ahh... there is the sky... alhamdulillah

Have a good working week, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: